04 Nights/05 Days
Trek Level : Moderate
Best Season : Oct - Dec & March - May
Max Altitude : 4250 M
Accomondation : Trekkers Hut & Camping
The Dzongri Trek is one of the most popular short-haul high-altitude treks in Sikkim. This trek is in fact a shorter version of the Goechala Trek that starts at Yuksom and ends in 5 days at Yuksom.
The Dzongri Trek is one of the most popular short-haul high-altitude treks in Sikkim. This trek is in fact a shorter version of the Goechala Trek that starts at Yuksom and ends in 5 days at Yuksom. It has been adapted to offer tractors the opportunity to discover more in a shorter period. One of the best views of Kanchenjunga and its ranges in the Sikkim Himalayas can be seen from Dzongri and Dzongri La (viewpoint). You will also see a number of other well-known peaks such as Mt. Pandim (6691), Mt Rathong (9979m), Mt. Kabur North (7338) and Goecha Pass (5127m).
Daywise Tour Itinerary
Day 1 Trek Begins
Yuksom – Tshoka (3000m / 6-7 hrs) (Camping / Hut)
Day 2 Tshoka – Dzongri
Tshoka – Dzongri (4030 m / 5-6 hrs approx.) (Camping / Hut)
Day 3 Trek to Dzongri la
We will reach Dzongri view point before sunrise. Trek to Dzongri la area (4000m / 4250m / 40 mins approx.) (Camping / Hut)
Day 4 Dzongri to Tshoka
Dzongri to Tshoka (3050m / 4 to 5 hrs) (Camping / Hut).
Day 5 Tshoka to Yuksom
Tshoka to Yuksom. (1875m / 5-6hrs) Trek ends. Overnight stay at hotel in Yuksom.
- Transport to and from Yuksom
- Basic English speaking guide. Government certified and trained.
- Tents and sleeping mats
- High altitude Swiss army sleeping bags (-20) with extra Thinsulate fleeced liners
- Yaks/Ponies for carrying tents and cooking equipment
- Cook and porters
- All trekking permits, national park fees and camera fees
- Our guide will carry a comprehensive medical kit including high altitude sickness tablets
- All meals on the trek, including boiled water
- Extra food for breakfast inlcuding filtered coffee, brown bread, cheese
- Personal expenditure i.e. soft drinks/beer on trek, extra snacks for the trek etc.
- Medical examination (if required) and vaccination costs
- Visa costs
- Meals in Darjeeling before or after the trek
- Travel insurance
- Trekking clothes and equipment (can be hired on request)
Booking & Cancellation Policy
Please note – Irrespective of above mentioned cancellations slabs – in case of cancellation of tour services after the booking is made with us – a minimum 10% service charges would be applicable.
In case you cancel the trip after commencement refund would be restricted to a limited amount that too would depend on the amount that we would be able to recover from the hoteliers we patronize. For unused hotel accommodation, chartered transportation and missed meals etc. we do not bear any responsibility to refund.