Going on a holiday excites us to the utmost. Lataguri is a census town that falls in the region of Dooars. Both these destinations are perfect for nature retreats. There are some exclusive, luxury hotel properties in Lataguri Dooars, where you can stay on your vacation. Many budget-friendly forest resorts are there that you can choose for comfy stay experiences.
Get a precise Dooars tour plan from a trusted tour guide. Professionally curated holiday plans make your exploration and stay secure and satisfying. Holiday package costs depend on the places you explore, the number of days to stay, accommodation type, transportation, etc. You may receive pick-up and transfer to NJP or Bagdogra from your travel agent.
Here are some iconic destinations you may visit in Lataguri Dooars:
- Murti River is a lovely, gorgeous location some 15 km from Lataguri. Flowing down from Neora Valley National Park, this pretty river belongs to a place called Murti between Chapramari and Gorumara National Park. Its scenic beauty involving the shimmering stream attracts a huge number of tourists. During winter, several migratory birds visit here.
- Bindu is an idyllic village in the Kalimpong district, lying on the Indo-Bhutan border. Spend a serene moment amidst nature dominating Bindu. Close to Bindu is Jhalong which sits on the bank of Jaldhaka another picturesque location. Avail of low-cost Dooars tour plan for an ideal holiday here.
- Gorumara National Park lies on the outskirts of Lataguri NH no. 31. is one of the best wildlife attractions. Gorumara houses wildlife habitats like Asian elephants, leopards, wolves, sloth bears, barking deer, wild boars, gaur (Indian bison), Indian Chital, hog deer, sambar deer. There also dwell birds including Sunbirds, woodpeckers, pheasants, Great Spangled Drongo, Great Indian Hornbill, peafowls, Scarlet Minivet, Asian Paradise Flycatchers, Ashy wood swallow, Ashy Drongo, et al.
- Jaldapara National Park nestles in the Alipurduar district and on the banks of river Torsa, in Western Dooars at the Eastern Himalayas foothills. Among wildlife animals, you can spot one-horned rhinoceros, wild pigs, bison, leopards, sambars, hog deer, barking deer, spotted deer, occasional tiger, Indian elephant, quail, etc. More than 240 species of birds dwell in the region.
- Chapramari is near Goruamra National Park, including a distance of some 20 km. Chaparmari Wildlife Sanctuary is a small wildlife sanctuary in the Eastern Himalayan foothills, where reside elephants, chital, sambar, Indian bison, leopards, barking deer. You might book a Dooars tour package for 3 days.
Spot a wide range of birds in Chapramari, such as hill mayna, bee-eater, large grey-headed fishing eagle, peafowl, florican, thrush, white-breasted kingfisher, Hornbill, flinch, Indian treepie, black partridge, roller, green magpie. Buxa National Park, Buxa Fort, Chilapta Forest, Jayanti Mahakal cave, Samsing are also some famous tourist attractions in Dooars Lataguri.