Rafting with Be An Explorer
With mighty rivers flowing from the majestic mouth of the Himalayas, it is no surprise that Darjeeling and Sikkim is one of the best rafting destinations in India. White-water rafting is one of the newest adventure sports in Darjeeling and Sikkim. Only the Teesta and Rangit rivers offer long stretches that are ideal for safe rafting. Teesta scores 4 on the international scale.
Details & Itinerary
The ice-cold water of the rugged Teesta has a series of rapids with different intensity and character. It offers one of the best rafting pieces in the world. Rangit, a tributary of the Teesta, has more turbulent water and offers many challenges for more experienced rafters. The riverside of both rivers has deep forests, with a few pieces of terraced cultivation and small villages. Innumerable white sandy beaches offer good campsites. Rapids of classification 2 to 4 are alternated with calm floats, making rafting a pleasant experience.
What you will do?
- Drive to Rafting starting point of Teesta Bazaar
- Short briefing about rafting, start rafting with a guide
- Reach the rafting end point.
- Drive back to the office with our transport.
- • Professional English speaking tourism licensed guides highly trained and safety certified to international standards in Whitewater River Guiding.
- • International name brand ISO/CE certified rafting equipment including helmets, PFDs, paddles, splash jackets and wet-suits.
- • Round trip transportation
- • River permits
- • Unrelated transportation, accommodation, visas, travel documents, departure taxes etc Footwear.
- • Items of a personal nature including swimwear, towel and toiletries
- • Insurance (we provide insurance for our crew – but participants must be properly insured through an emergency medical travel plan)
- • Tips for guides **if you feel that our crew did a great job, you are invited but not obligated to offer a personal tip